I tend to get really bored, really fast. And so even though I have the boys to keep me busy, these past few weeks of maternity leave have me staring at the wall. So when I went to a Pampered Chef party last week, I just jumped in with two feet and signed up to be a consultant... I'm always good for making rash decisions.
I have my first show coming up this weekend. My goal is $1250 in sales, if you'd like to help me out you can shop my online website. Make sure to sign in, it only takes a minute, and then in the top left corner click where is say "Shows you're invited to or hosting" in the drop down, click on my name (the only one there) and shop away.
I will be closing this show on Monday October 22nd.
Please let me know if you shop, I'd love to say thank you.
Also, If you're interested in hosting an online party and earning free and discounted products, please shoot me an email!
Anywho, I'm super excited about it now and I wanted to share the recipe that had me totally sold!
I did it all in the microwave.. in under 20 minutes, say whaaat?
Husband and child approved.
The Pampered Chef ®
Chicken Parmesan Soup
1/4 of a 16-oz (450-g) loaf French bread
2 tbsp (30 mL) olive oil
3 tbsp (45 mL) Garlic & Herb Rub, divided
1 1/2 cups (375 mL) unsalted chicken stock
2 cups (500 mL) marinara sauce
1 can (14.5 oz) diced tomatoes with garlic and onion (about 1 3/4 cups/425 mL), undrained
2 1/2 cups (625 mL) diced cooked chicken breasts
3 garlic cloves
1 oz (30 g) fresh Parmesan cheese
3/4 cup (175 mL) shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- Cut bread into 3/4-in. (2-cm) cubes using Color Coated Bread Knife. (You should have about 2 cups/500 mL.)
- Toss bread cubes, oil and 1 tbsp (15 mL) of the rub in Deep Covered Baker.
- Microwave bread cubes, uncovered, on HIGH 3–4 minutes or until they begin to brown, stirring every minute. Spread croutons over a piece of Parchment Paper to cool.
- Stir stock, remaining 2 tbsp (30 mL) rub, marinara sauce, tomatoes, chicken and garlic pressed with Garlic Press into baker.
- Microwave, covered, on HIGH 11–13 minutes or until soup is hot.
- Grate Parmesan using Microplane® Adjustable Fine Grater.
- Carefully remove baker from microwave and stir in Parmesan.
- Top soup with half of the mozzarella and sprinkle with half of the croutons. Top with remaining mozzarella.
- Let stand, covered, 2–3 minutes or until cheese is melted. Serve soup with remaining croutons.
Yield: 6 servings
This recipe is obviously from Pampered Chef, so if you don't have all the utensils mentioned above you can use what you have. I do not recommend trying this without the Covered Baker.
My Tip: I have a tendency to forget to take out meat before I want to cook it...
Using the Deep Covered Baker, I cooked the frozen chicken for 7 minutes in the microwave before adding the soup ingredients. It came out perfect and fully cooked.
My Deep Covered Baker hasn't come in yet, so I used the Round Covered Baker and cut the recipe in half.
We made this at the party and I've made it twice already since then... it's only been a week.
Yes, it is that delicious. And sooo easy to make.
The Deep Covered Baker is amazing!
Besides this, I've made 3 other meals this week, all in the microwave and I swear they've all been top chef status. No one would ever believe that I made them.. in the microwave.
If you make it, let me know what you think!