http://laughwithash.blogspot.jp/ http://laughwithash.blogspot.jp/p/just-me.html http://laughwithash.blogspot.jp/p/contact.html http://laughwithash.blogspot.jp/p/sponsor.html Image Map

8/25/2012

Joys of "Nesting"


The weekend is finally here! Unfortunately for anyone in Okinawa, a massive typhoon is headed our way.
 

We’re currently in TCCOR-1, you can read more about the different Tropical Cyclone Conditions of Readiness and how they affect military and government personnel, here.

Anyway, since we’re going to be on lock down soon, I decided to take advantage of the time and embrace my nesting urges. I feel like there is still so much to do and our newest little man will be here in just 5 weeks…OR LESS!! I started with Keegan’s room and went through everything in the closet and upper storage areas. This is what his room looked like mid-cleaning session.

 

I know… Odd method, but it works. I literally emptied the closet and storage and then only put back the things I wanted to keep. No worries, the room is back to being clean and much much more organized than before plus I’ve got 2 full bags and a box marked for the thrift store.  

Not only do I throw things about like a mad woman while cleaning, I also spend an unnecessary amount of time looking at all the cool things I forgot about; my favorite being my old journals. I found one that dates 2004-2008 and spent TWO WHOLE HOURS just flipping through it. It was a good blast from the past.

 I laughed at a lot of them, but this one made me smile and maybe tear up a little bit, but we won’t go there.
 
I can’t believe that was almost 6 years ago! That little baby girl is starting Kindergarten in about a week. She looks like her mama with a little extra tan. Her crinkled-nose smile gets me every time. She is smart and spunky, and a little bit like me. I wish we lived closer!

As for the rest of my nesting, I plan to spread it out throughout the storm and then the rest of the week. This house will be baby ready by next weekend... and maybe we’ll have an early surprise =)  

I’m so impatient, one can only hope for such things!
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment