http://laughwithash.blogspot.jp/ http://laughwithash.blogspot.jp/p/just-me.html http://laughwithash.blogspot.jp/p/contact.html http://laughwithash.blogspot.jp/p/sponsor.html Image Map

8/12/2012

Yes to the Dress : USMC Ball 2012



Along with what seems like a million other things, the Marine Corps ball is right around the corner. For those of you that aren’t familiar with the ball, it’s held every year to celebrate the Marine Corps’ birthday, this year being the 237th. Marines wear their jaw-dropping blues and the ladies get to wear fancy dresses and feel pretty =).
Being overseas, the selection of dresses (especially ones that will fit!) is pretty slim. Since, I’m going to order online, I think I ought to order soon, just in case the shipping takes forever. I’m also going to order the dress a size or too bigger to play it safe. Then once it’s here, I’ll try it on and take it in to get altered.
So here’s the fun part. I’ve been looking and looking! And I’ve narrowed it down to five dresses. I found all of them on this website that was recommended to me by a friend. They’re all pretty different in style, which I think makes it so much harder to choose.




I like the mermaid effect of this dress. And the red! Though I’ve never been much of a red person, I’ve always wanted to be! I also like the extra coverage on top. I have to keep reminding myself that I’ll be nursing around ball season, so I’ll be extra loaded!


I love, love, love this color. I think whatever dress I get, it just may end up being this color. That’s another great thing about this site, all dresses come in most colors and they’re made upon order. I’m not a big fan of the strapless, mostly because it acknowledges all that armpit fat (and this baby has certainly given me some excess along with my boobs!), but I do like the way the bottom falls.
I like the coverage up top on this one and the cut in the middle. Keep in mind I’ll only be 6 weeks post-baby when I but any of these bad-boys on, so anything that’ll hide the post-baby flub is a winner in my book! I would definitely have to order another color with this one!
So I know I said I wasn’t a fan of the strapless and this is pretty close to strapless, but I really love the style of this dress! The tummy coverage is wonderful and I like the over the shoulder deal. I could do blue too... or yellow/gold.

This one is different and I like it that way. I really like the material and the cinched waist with lots of coverage up top (I’m really self-conscious about my armpits.. it’s weird, I know). I’m just not sure what color this would look best in.

Those are my top 5, in no particular order. Let me know what you think, a girl can’t decide by herself ya know!


I’ll probably order it sometime in September, so I’ll be sure to keep you updated on which one is THE one!  

 And after that it’s onto hair, make-up, shoes, jewelry... oh so many decisions for one night!

 

2 comments:

  1. I like the last one and you look awesome in yellow...<3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey I wrote a post with a similar title regarding this same situation! Just found your blog through google!
    Www.iampiscesw.com

    ReplyDelete